Monday, November 16, 2009

It's time to do this - Blog about art




I have to admit I'm curious about why it never occurred to me to blog about my art - or art in my life. In speaking with Dave Tabler from the i-spot it snapped to clarity that this simply makes sense. So, here we go. Process, media, experiments and all...the ongoing adventure of being (and making a living as) an artist.

This image of the goose girl, a fairy tale and signature character for Göttingen, Germany, is part of a fairy tale series I'm working on in encaustic. When I first started working in this ancient medium I knew immediately that it would give me the feel I wanted - one that harkened back to how I felt when I first fell in love with illustrations in books as a kid. It did. I'm really looking forward to continuing this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment