Tuesday, March 16, 2010

In Vino


Hate to admit it, but I'm one of those people who buys wine because the label is cool. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. A few years ago I came within cork-sniffing closeness to being able to produce a series of wine labels for a young company. It would have been a dream come true.

A recent conversation with friends about private labels made me long to do this art. So, I decided to create labels for wine which does not exist. I could have a collection of labels and someone could pair a wine with them, or I'll simply have some fun along the way.

My husband named the first one as I was describing the image I wanted to do - Caged Crow.
I do a lot of birds - they mean many things to me. Did this piece in encaustic.

1 comment:

  1. I love this piece! and also will be looking forward to learning from you what encaustic is.

    ReplyDelete