Monday, December 28, 2009

Do Great Work

Mike Van Egren put three words in my head. If you just do great work the rest will follow.

Don't know why, but I have a good feeling about 2010. I've cleaned mental and physical house. I've wrapped some long-term projects. All of my fine-art studios have been consolidated.

Last nightI watched a PBS "American Masters" about Augustus Saint-Gaudens. The work was indeed masterful, but the pieces had power and touched me. I want to put some power back into my work, if even in small pieces...remember what I'm creating the piece ABOUT.

I think the year will start with clay. I have a couple of new books coming and am working toward 3-d wall pieces...reliefs and deep reliefs. The show came at a perfect time.

For the last two years I've been aiming my energy outward. It's time to return home and aim it inward...get back to a place of calm and focus, from where I can observe and process...be the moon and reflect.

I hope to do some great work.


No comments:

Post a Comment